Made-to-measure/bespoke suits - any ideas?

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
richardfrosty

Made-to-measure/bespoke suits - any ideas?

Postby richardfrosty » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:36 pm

Hi guys, has anyone on here ever bought either a made-to-measure suit or a bespoke suit in Manchester?

I've never had one before so haven't got a clue which tailor's best.

All suggestions gratefully received!
Check out my website: Richard Frost - Chorlton
Follow me on Twitter: Richard Frost - Twitter
Add me on LinkedIn: Richard Frost - LinkedIn

Sarah_B

Re: Made-to-measure/bespoke suits - any ideas?

Postby Sarah_B » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:04 pm

There is a place on Cross Street (near Sam or Tom's Chop House, the one on the corner I get mixed up with the name, i.e. Sam or Tom) just a few doors away, you go up a flight of stairs and there are numerous pictures of famous people who have had bespoke suits from there and letters that satisfied customers have sent to.

I can't comment personally as I don't know anyone who has had a suit made from there.

richardfrosty

Postby richardfrosty » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:52 pm

I think it's called James Personal Tailor & Son.

For anyone who's interested, I've looked online & it seems they do the suits for all the footballers (Scholes, Giggs, Ronaldo, Cantona, Summerbee, Best). And randoms like Lionel Richie!

I'll give them a try at the weekend. Thanks for the suggestion!
Check out my website: Richard Frost - Chorlton
Follow me on Twitter: Richard Frost - Twitter
Add me on LinkedIn: Richard Frost - LinkedIn

ollie_the_brave

Postby ollie_the_brave » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:04 pm

It is indeed called the same. I recently had a pair of selvedge jeans repaired by them and they did a great job, timely and cost effective too. VERY handy location if you're a fan of Toms Chop House. The victorian tiling on the staircase up to their shop/office/premises (whatever you call a tailors lair) is worth the visit alone.

I've also had a couple of shirts made by James Darby in the Northern Quarter, who would run up a very nice suit too I imagine. He's a proper Mod and has some wonderful designs. I was very pleased with both the shirts he made me.

massolina

Postby massolina » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:00 pm

I work at a bespoke tailors in Manchester Leslie Powells. We are off Ashton old road. Have look at our website. Company established over 50 years. We also make shirts to measure. Give me a bell for a chat.

Return to “Discussions”