Local pubs open on Christmas Day?

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
still_ill

Local pubs open on Christmas Day?

Postby still_ill » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:13 pm

Obviously might not be a need of lots of people, but we've always popped out for two or three drinks in between presents and dinner, so wondered if anybody knew of anywhere definitely opening? Preferably somewhere which sells a decent(ish) pint of ale.

In years gone by it was never a problem, plenty of local social clubs etc would open, say, 1pm-3pm, but not many around nowadays. De Nada have opened the last couple of years for passing lunchtime trade, but apparently aren't this year.

The Horse & Jockey open, don't they? Is that generally or just for people booked in for food?

Thanks in advance.

annie

Re: Local pubs open on Christmas Day?

Postby annie » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:51 pm

The reason my dad used to go out a reasonable human being at 12 and come back a drunken b*stard at 3 was due to pubs being open on Xmas day afternoon. If they're stopping doing that now, then hopefully there's less families having to deal with what I had to deal with for 15 years.

Surely people can do without a pub for one fooking day.
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

blenkinsop

Postby blenkinsop » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:54 pm

The Horse and Jockey is open Christmas Day, as is Wetherspoons, the Beagle is not.

KingNailer

Postby KingNailer » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:40 am

bowler open 12 til 2

still_ill

Postby still_ill » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:32 pm

annie wrote:The reason my dad used to go out a reasonable human being at 12 and come back a drunken b*stard at 3 was due to pubs being open on Xmas day afternoon. If they're stopping doing that now, then hopefully there's less families having to deal with what I had to deal with for 15 years. Surely people can do without a pub for one fooking day.

My apologies that your dad liked to get drunk, but your post is (as usual) ignorant for several reasons, none of which i can be arsed wasting the time to explain.

CharlieB

Postby CharlieB » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:28 am

annie wrote:The reason my dad used to go out a reasonable human being at 12 and come back a drunken b*stard at 3 was due to pubs being open on Xmas day afternoon. If they're stopping doing that now, then hopefully there's less families having to deal with what I had to deal with for 15 years.

Surely people can do without a pub for one fooking day.

Which pub did he used to go to and is it open on Christmas Day this year?

annie

Postby annie » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:18 pm

still_ill wrote:
annie wrote:The reason my dad used to go out a reasonable human being at 12 and come back a drunken b*stard at 3 was due to pubs being open on Xmas day afternoon. If they're stopping doing that now, then hopefully there's less families having to deal with what I had to deal with for 15 years. Surely people can do without a pub for one fooking day.

My apologies that your dad liked to get drunk, but your post is (as usual) ignorant for several reasons, none of which i can be arsed wasting the time to explain.

It's a free country. Enjoy your pint :)
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

Return to “Discussions”