Woman sexually assaulted by man with knife as she walks home

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
scottie

Woman sexually assaulted by man with knife as she walks home

Postby scottie » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:13 pm

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/woman-sexually-assaulted-man-knife-8364027#ICID=sharebar_twitter

A woman was sexually assaulted by a man wielding a knife as she walked home in Chorlton during the early hours of this morning [Tuesday].

The incident happened on Beech Road, where the woman struggled with her attacker, causing him to run off.

The victim, aged in her 30s, was attacked as she walked along the road lined with shops and bars at around 1.30am.

She was grabbed from behind by her attacker who was holding a knife.

The woman then began to struggle with her attacker, and this caused him to run off towards nearby Crosslands Road.

He was a mixed race man with afro hair, around 5ft 8ins tall, of medium build and aged in his late 20s and wearing a multi-coloured scarf.

The victim is now being supported by specially-trained officers, police said.

DI Damian Simpson, of GMP’s Serious Sexual Offences Unit, said: “This was a horrific attack on a woman who was walking home from a night out.

“I want to reassure people that we have a team of detectives working on the investigation and have specially trained officers supporting the victim.

“I am now asking for anyone who may have witnessed the attack to please get in touch.

“Were you walking near to where the incident took place and see anything suspicious, or do you recognise the description of the offender?

“I want to reassure members of the public that we have increased patrols in the area and we are doing all we can to find who is responsible.”

annie

Re: Woman sexually assaulted by man with knife as she walks

Postby annie » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:52 am

No-one's commented about this, so I will.

Good for the victim, that she fought the cvnt off, but this is something that seems to be on the increase in Chorlton around kicking-out time. Robberies, muggings and assaults. War has begun to arrive in our sleepy suburb, and in places where you wouldn't expect it either.

We need to be watchful, people. Don't turn a blind eye to violence or suspicious activity. There's far too many hipster wusses around here to get waded in of course, but at the very least make a noise if you see anything like this happening.

Don't be scaredy bystander!
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

Pearl

Postby Pearl » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:07 am

Well said Annie, and I think there are also some opportunistic handbag / phone snatchings too. This reminded me to follow the sensible advice to keep our phones, purses and keys in our pockets rather than carry a bag. Or use an old unappealing carrier bag. If you are mugged on your way home, as a couple of my friends have been, the last thing you need is no house keys.

ash pole

Postby ash pole » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:28 pm

Pearl wrote: If you are mugged on your way home, as a couple of my friends have been,

Is mugging a regular thing in Chorlton now then? I was thinking it's been getting safer. I remember back in the day my friend wouldn't in the flats on Wilbraham Road down near the Stretford end due to feeling unsafe walking in the shadows of all those trees.

Pearl

Postby Pearl » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:48 am

ash pole wrote:Is mugging a regular thing in Chorlton now then?

Well, to be fair, it's quite a while since anyone I know personally has been mugged locally. Sometimes I check GMP's Twitter feed for Chorlton though, which can be a bit alarming. Feels like every second tram-user gets something unexpectedly snatched out of their hand.

At the moment, admittedly, it seems to be far more burglaries and break-ins than street crime, and probably not that much for the area covered, so I may have been a bit scaremongering there, sorry. Still going to be a bit careful though.

https://twitter.com/GMPChorlton

Andr0meda

Postby Andr0meda » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:05 pm

annie wrote:No-one's commented about this, so I will.

Good for the victim, that she fought the cvnt off, but this is something that seems to be on the increase in Chorlton around kicking-out time. Robberies, muggings and assaults. War has begun to arrive in our sleepy suburb, and in places where you wouldn't expect it either.

We need to be watchful, people. Don't turn a blind eye to violence or suspicious activity. There's far too many hipster wusses around here to get waded in of course, but at the very least make a noise if you see anything like this happening.

Don't be scaredy bystander!

Ive noticed that in the past couple of years chorltons becoming more like the rest of manchester, this is good in one way and bad in another. Possibly the arrival of the metrolink has made it appealing to a wider range of people. On the plus side the high class snob vibe is going, just a shame it has to be replaced by gangland.

Return to “Discussions”