Floor sanding and varnishing - recommendations?

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
rowan_bridge

Floor sanding and varnishing - recommendations?

Postby rowan_bridge » Mon May 04, 2015 10:24 am

Hi,
I have original wooden floorboards in my hallway and dining room that could do with being sanded and varnished to make them look decent. I'm told it's quite a job to take on yourself so I've decided better call in someone who knows what they are doing. Does anyone have any recommendations of people who are good at this stuff and know what they are doing while being reliable. To be honest doing my house up has been somewhat hit and miss. Some of the people I've had in have been great - Premier Bricks who did the building work were absolutely great for example, but the structural engineer I dealt with I was on the verge of threatening to take him to court if he didn't do the work!
Thoughts and advice welcome.
Many thanks,
Rowan

Pearl

Re: Floor sanding and varnishing - recommendations?

Postby Pearl » Tue May 05, 2015 7:54 am

Rowan,

We had a lengthy discussion about this a while ago, with some recommendations included. Ian Casey may be your man:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2737&p=44840&hilit=Floor+sanding#p44840

HTH!

foox1111

Re: Floor sanding and varnishing - recommendations?

Postby foox1111 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:06 pm

Hi I am a carpenter from the Slovakia and have just moved here a month ago, I have done a lot of floor laying work in the past and also floor sanding.I would be happy if you contact me if you need me.
[url][www.floorsandingdublin.eu/url]
Regards

Kris

Return to “Discussions”