Has anyone been to HOME?

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
Sarah_B

Has anyone been to HOME?

Postby Sarah_B » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:32 pm

Hello

I was wondering if anyone had been to HOME and what they thought?

I haven't been yet but intend to go soon. I'm still trying to work out where the entrance is? Where it is exactly?

Anyone eaten there? Many places to eat there?

Thank you

P.S. I still prefer this site to the Facebook group. Let's keep it going.

aroundM21

Re: Has anyone been to HOME?

Postby aroundM21 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:53 pm

Yes - it''s a nice place to be with several things to do.

The gallery had a very interesting (no-charge) exhibition based on the Internet & digital, including social impact. Visually impressI've, I struggle to do it justice in words !

We didn't see a film - wasn't our reason to visit and I think in the first week or two the cinemas had not started - but obviously that will be a big draw.

The cafe is nice. For me, notable that it serves local real ale - unlike the Lowry and most other art institutions (or hotels) who are happy to sell continental larger <end of rant !>

The entrance is on a corner to the south. Remember that Whitworth St and the rail line are to the north. I think from either road the entrance is behind the hotel and goddam Sainsbury's, so you never see it - but it's not difficult to find, actually only a minute from the cross-roads with the Hacienda apartments & traffic lights.

Pearl

Postby Pearl » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:38 am

Hello Sarah, how are you doing?

Yes, I've been to Home a few times, mostly to see films. Very comfy seats, easier to see the subtitles, and less of the damp mustiness of the old Cornerhouse, though obviously a lot less atmospheric. They've still got some nice tiny cinemas though.

I think the people in charge realised that one or two aspects of the building weren't working too well at first and they do seem to be genuinely willing to change things in the light of experience so it's probably worth putting your oar in if you have any suggestions.

I couldn't quite get my head round where it was the first time and, like both the people I was meeting, had walked round it once or twice! Suggest siezing the moment and trying it on one of these gorgeous sunny autumnal days to get your bearings . . .

Sarah_B

Postby Sarah_B » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:04 pm

Thank you aroundM21 and Pearl for your replies, it definitely sounds like it's worth a visit.

I'm keeping very well thank you Pearl and I hope you are too.

C.Cat

Postby C.Cat » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:44 pm

aroundM21 wrote:
The cafe is nice. For me, notable that it serves local real ale

I like the sound of that!

Return to “Discussions”