short courses

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
Nell

short courses

Postby Nell » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:23 pm

Hello

Can anyone help? I'm about to finish uni for the summer and basking in the fact I'll have 3 days to pootle about when I'm not working. Apart from general house improvements (what's happened to You Me and Us??????) I'm trying to find an arty course in Chorlton to do, anyone know of any? The city council just seems to offer 34 week ones and few shorter.

Ta

Nell

elliej

Postby elliej » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:43 am

There are Art classes at Chorlton Park Adult Education Centre.
City College mostly does Art at their Northenden campus, but Fielden Park has computer courses and great tutors- they may do design.
Womens Electronic Village Hall in city centre does short courses in photography, video editing etc. 833 8800
Or you could volunteer to do art / workshops in schools - teachers always appreciate extra help. (email friendsofchorltonpark@yahoo.co.uk)
I heard a while ago there was a place in Chorlton where local artists could work together and display their work. Does anyone know if this is still going?

Three Wheeled Pram

Postby Three Wheeled Pram » Tue May 04, 2004 3:12 pm

I believe Chorlton Park Adult Education Centre runs an 'Introduction to Filletting Anchovies' course on the second Tuesday of the month.

Nell

Postby Nell » Tue May 04, 2004 4:32 pm

Thanks EllieJ, I rang Chorlton park and shall go down there on a spare morning to have a look, failing that, photography sounds good.

Return to “Discussions”