Heavenly Days

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
jillblmr

Heavenly Days

Postby jillblmr » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:16 pm

Hello oh so great to find Chorlton Web made my day so a big thankyou :D i was born and breed in chorlton-cum -hardy and miss it very much . A good place to grow up in kind friendly people everywhere seemed like a sunny day in Chorlton back in the day.Remember manley road all the kids played well together didnt matter what or where you came from good days.
Manley park infant school the rec , where i managed to get very dusty i don`t know how. Chorlton ark it had a lovely paddling pool back in the day when chopper bikes were cool , Bay City Rollers need i go on.
Manley Park juniors never saw a fight at that school the kids were good and we had some fun in the B class.
I remember lots of older ladies living on Manley Road and Brantingham Rd , where they all came from not sure but they were sweet.
I loved the school uniform of Whalley Range High i felt good and proud of it . Oh well glad to get that all off my chest as only xchorltonians would realise . When i am asked where i was born i always proudly say Chorlton . Well if anyone remembers me good or bad my name is Jill sir name was Armstrong .

annie

Postby annie » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:37 pm

What a lovely cheery post, Jill! A lot of what makes Chorlton nice to live in is still here, bit gradually being eroded by the rich and trendy.

If you can just blinker yourself a bit, which I often do, it's still the top place to live, despite our moans!

Welcome!
:)

Steve Dubya
Location: Levenshulme as the Chelsea tractor driving yuppies lifted Chorlton house prices out of my reach.

Re: Heavenly Days

Postby Steve Dubya » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:17 pm

jillblmr wrote:Hello oh so great to find Chorlton Web made my day so a big thankyou :D i was born and breed in chorlton-cum -hardy and miss it very much . A good place to grow up in kind friendly people everywhere seemed like a sunny day in Chorlton back in the day.Remember manley road all the kids played well together didnt matter what or where you came from good days.
Manley park infant school the rec , where i managed to get very dusty i don`t know how. Chorlton ark it had a lovely paddling pool back in the day when chopper bikes were cool , Bay City Rollers need i go on.
Manley Park juniors never saw a fight at that school the kids were good and we had some fun in the B class.
I remember lots of older ladies living on Manley Road and Brantingham Rd , where they all came from not sure but they were sweet.
I loved the school uniform of Whalley Range High i felt good and proud of it . Oh well glad to get that all off my chest as only xchorltonians would realise . When i am asked where i was born i always proudly say Chorlton . Well if anyone remembers me good or bad my name is Jill sir name was Armstrong .

You'd hate it now. it's become yuppieville.
Atheism ROCKS!

SAM71

Postby SAM71 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:22 pm

It's not that bad, If you do as Annie suggests 'just blinker yourself a bit'
:0)

annie

Postby annie » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:31 pm

Aw Steve... have a cream cake and chill :)

There's lots in Chorlton to love.

And does Levenhulme have a village green, eh?.. Aha!

Return to “Discussions”