Here are 10 questions, now with answers.
What do you know about Chorlton in the 1950s?
1. Where was Kemp's Corner? Wilbraham Rd./Barlow Moor Rd. Traffic Lights. (Kemps Chemist's)
2. What famous person lived in Kings Road? Matt Busby
3. Name the 3 Chorlton cinemas. Gaumont, Palace and Rivoli
4. Where was the hooter that all Chorlton heard every morning at 07.30? Metro Vicks, Trafford Park ( Start of day Shift)
5. Where was the swamp near Chorlton Park? Nell Lane, Opposite Park Gates
6. What were the two large pipes for that crossed Chorlton eg near the Baths? Thirlmere Aqueduct ( water from Lake District)
7. What went on at Rodgers and Lamonts. Dance School and Saturday Night Dances
8. What was Mabs? The only Cafe in Chorlton.
9. Where did the Chorlton steam trains terminate in Manchester? Cental Station
10. Where were "27 Steps"? Mauldeth Rd. bridge down to River.
The Winner was Tony F with 8/10
Last edited by john d
on Sat May 08, 2004 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.