The Problem with Muslims

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
nick

Postby nick » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:44 pm

Last post sums up the whole contradiction - of course it is fine to dislike someone because they behave with the attitute of a scally - or a terrorist.

But it isn't fine to dislike someone just because thay happen to look like a scally, or because they are a muslim.

We had someone on work experience where i work - she looked well scary/scally, 20 something single mum, 3 kids but she was an ace person working her ar$e off to better her life.

Kita Mura

Postby Kita Mura » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:06 pm

fiz67 wrote:
its a wonder anyone wants to live here then if we are all so bad, but they still keepa coming!!!

You sound like you could learn a lot if you bought a decent newspaper. Go on, give it a try, stop believing all the tabloid bvllshiit and find out what he facts are.
Tear Down the Walls of Fortress Europe

fiz67

Postby fiz67 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:57 pm

don't buy tabloids actually, i'm not saying we are liked, are you saying people aren't choosing to come and live here surely i'm not seeing/hearing things when i hear non-english speaking people working and living around me, somethings attracting them to this "horrid" country - so i'm saying as a place to live, we can't all be bad and thinking logically (ie without having to read a paper or watch the news :roll: ) the countries these people are leaving must be far worse than here - or am i wrong?

Kita Mura

Postby Kita Mura » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:10 pm

You seemed, from the tone of your post, to be one of those who believes the tabloids (you don't have to read them to believe them - their message is incidious :roll: ) that people are literally flooding into the country from elsewhere. Your post implied a resentfulness of those who come here. If I have mis-judged you, you'll have to set me straight.

manley

Postby manley » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:23 pm

Well, you can't deny that many are coming in. They're coming here for a better life, for jobs and for a relatively open, tolerant society.
It's our foreign policy they don't like.

Kita Mura

Postby Kita Mura » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:26 pm

...and benefiting our economy.

Do all immigrants dislike our foreign policy? I'll wager not. I dislike it. I imagine migrants to be Britain to be a pretty diverse group so wouldn't imagine they would all think the same way.
Last edited by Kita Mura on Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fiz67

Postby fiz67 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:29 pm

i'm not resentful of anyone coming here to help better this country far from it, we have enough home grown people bringing this country to its knees with lazy ways and i welcome hard working tax paying people but i must admit i have resentful thoughts to people coming here preaching hateful sermons to the young and impressionable, i can't be wrong to resent this.

Kita Mura

Postby Kita Mura » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:32 pm

No it isn't wrong to resent that, but that's a handful of dispicable people. Perspective is all important. Anyway I'm gald you're not resentful. I did mis-judge you. I'm sorry.
Last edited by Kita Mura on Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fiz67

Postby fiz67 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:03 pm

we can all be miss judged on a one liner, but its a very emotive subject i can imagine people change there minds constantly on the question of imagration

annie

Postby annie » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:53 pm

it honestly makes me want to cry thinking of how the world views the UK now, i'm totally ashamed

Oh fer gawds sake
:roll: [/quote]

boldaslove

Postby boldaslove » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:25 pm

fiz67 wrote:its a wonder anyone wants to live here then if we are all so bad, but they still keepa coming!!!

yeah because britain's viewed as tolerant, prosperous and has lots of opportunities to study and work. i'd imagine it's not the british people themselves who make people want to move here from other countries, it's what they want to achieve.

of course it is fine to dislike someone because they behave with the attitute of a scally - or a terrorist.

what's the attitude of a terrorist?

i like how this has gone.... muslims = terrorists = immigrants. quite strange that the people who attacked london were born and raised right here in the UK.

Oh fer gawds sake

i'm sorry, you must be missing your incredibly interesting threads about which restaurants you hate in south manchester. please indulge us! :D i can't wait!

nick

Postby nick » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:16 pm

all i was saying that there is nothing wrong with disliking an individual who you know has done something bad, but is not right to to be pregudiced against an entire race, religion or social group.

mymanchester

the problem with muslims is what????

Postby mymanchester » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:34 pm

I am trying to identify what exactly the problem is with muslims, appart from a few dim wits on here trying to talk about something that quite clearly they know nothing about.

I find this discussion to be really boring and the only people who appear to entertain such debates, are those who have never been to the East, explored what is now commmonly referred to as "the muslim world" and may have only known one or two people who have a slightly darker skin tone to themselves.

If people wish to find "muslims" then they are more than welcome to go to Rusholme to eat a curry, smile at a few indians and Pakistanis, feel all warm and fuzzy inside about being multi-cultural and maybe even go home thinking; "I'm not a racist, that food was so nice."

For those serious about learning about Islam, they would travel further than the 47 bus can take you and look more towards the Middle East, where the religion actually comes from, in a region where churches and mosques pre-date most countries history.

You might also learn something about Christianity, seeing as though Abraham came from Iraq and Jesus from Palestine but I forgot that most Christian sites have been bombed by the US/UK and Israeli armies.

I have just one question, what is the problem with British Christians, they seem to forget their own basic religious history.

manley

Re: the problem with muslims is what????

Postby manley » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:10 pm

mymanchester wrote:For those serious about learning about Islam, they would travel further than the 47 bus can take you and look more towards the Middle East, where the religion actually comes from, in a region where churches and mosques pre-date most countries history.

Longsight?

mymanchester

who knows????

Postby mymanchester » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:29 pm

Is Moss Side the capital of Evangelical Christianity and democracy?

Return to “Discussions”