Metro Through Chorlton

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
bluemoon103

Metro Through Chorlton

Postby bluemoon103 » Tue May 11, 2004 11:25 am

Can anyone tell me If the Metro we every go through chorlton and if yes when??? :roll:
Bluemoon103

Deus

Postby Deus » Tue May 11, 2004 12:56 pm

this isn't a comment or suggestion...... :wink:
deus does not exist

annie

Postby annie » Wed May 12, 2004 2:35 am

Bluemoon.... can you restructure that sentence in a legible form?

bluemoon103

Postby bluemoon103 » Wed May 12, 2004 7:41 am

OK

Does anyone know what is going on with the metro?
When will it be put into place?
What you think about the metro going through chorlton?
If you agree or dissagree with the metro coming through chorlton?
What effects this might cause for the people in chorlton?

Is this ok
Bluemoon103

elliej

Postby elliej » Wed May 12, 2004 9:15 am

I think the Met will be useful as a quick way to get to Sale and Altrincham, though buses to Town are adequate, but I am concerned about it going right past Chorlton Park Junior School (and having a station on Hardy Lane) When the Met first arrived in the city centre there were several accidents.
I wrote to the council 2 years ago to protest about the many trees on Mauldeth Road being cut down. They assured me they would be replaced (not sure where). Four cherry trees have been planted on Nell Lane- which is a start.
So yes I want the Met, but not in my leafy little back yard!

bluemoon103

Postby bluemoon103 » Wed May 12, 2004 9:21 am

i agree i think that the metro would be a hazzard for all the schools as in Chorlton park and the new chorlton high school.
Bluemoon103

annie

Postby annie » Wed May 12, 2004 5:48 pm

I think that anything which may get more people out of their cars is worth it. Don't get me wrong, I love driving, but "school runs" are killing local transport twice a day.

It's a much-needed and welcome addition to the woefully inadequate public transport system southeast of the bus station.

As for safety??

Do you think that it will be any less safe than the hundreds of selfish parents who insist on driving their cars three hundred yards due to parent-paranoia, and parking them back to back all round Chorlton Park? (Not to mention their illegal U-turns and traffic blocking.

Oh, and I'll never call it "Chorlton High School".... WHAT a piece of corporate political arse that renaming is!

It is Oakwood High School - rebuilt and restructured.

That doesn't give it the right to claim itself "Chorlton High School".

Louise

Postby Louise » Wed May 12, 2004 9:52 pm

Wasn't it Chorlton High School before it was Oakwood?

bluemoon103

Postby bluemoon103 » Thu May 13, 2004 7:43 am

it used to be Wilbraham high and then went to chorlton high and then went to Oakwllod high and now has gone back to chorlton high wich is it legal new name
Bluemoon103

john d

Postby john d » Thu May 13, 2004 5:49 pm

And before all those names it was "The Swamp" and we kids believed it was full of dead bodies which came back up to the top every few years.
Funny old world.

annie

Postby annie » Fri May 14, 2004 1:51 am

Whatever.... it's still a clear case of corporate nonsense at work (have you ever seen so much money being spent on one school, not to mention the cost of "re-branding"...... and all no doubt at the expense of other schools surrounding.

(Except maybe the astonishing Whalley Range High School with it's personalised BMW-driving Dame head teacher - notice she parks it outside her office in full show-off spot, not in the car park....!)

Anyway, that all aside.... yes, the Metro is a bloody good idea, if and when they get their fingers out.

bluemoon103

Postby bluemoon103 » Fri May 14, 2004 7:42 am

i agree annie i think i will be alot eaiser to get to the above places and also 10* quicker to get to town :roll:
Bluemoon103

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat May 15, 2004 8:28 pm

bluemoon103 wrote:i agree annie i think i will be alot eaiser to get to the above places and also 10* quicker to get to town :roll:

eh? 10*? should that be 10%? in which case I'll save approx 4 minutes on my journey! I must say: I currently travel to Salford on two buses - a journey that would take me 20 minutes by car takes between 50-65 minutes, takes 2 buses and costs me £45 a month. i'm not happy with that and am hideously enthusiastic about the tram ('cept, of course, it'll cost a huge amount more, won't it...)

bluemoon103

Postby bluemoon103 » Tue May 18, 2004 8:45 am

admin wrote: eh? 10*? should that be 10%?

it was ment to say ten times!!!"
Bluemoon103

p. webb

Postby p. webb » Sun May 23, 2004 7:55 pm

sod the trees...I will make an absolute killing when that line goes in. If you own property or land near it (but not near the track itself) you will make a bucket of money so big it will make your eyes water!...and guess who owns some of both :-)

As for "school runs" what the f***!!! W.A.L.K you lazy bunch of muppets. I walked to school every day and I am not that old!...If you choose to send your kids miles away - MOVE closer to the school. If you think W.A.L.K.I.N.G is dangerous for tarquin and bethany you are wrong. When I was at junior school the moors murderers were still a fresh memory and Peter Sutcliffe murdered a woman in Southern Cemetry...WE STILL HAD TO WALK and I dont remember anybody murdering me or any of my class mates!

As for it being expensive, who cares!..I dont have to use the thing, I've got a car and a driveway.

Come on metro...lets have it

Return to “Discussions”