A Chorlton Business networking organisation?

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
User avatar
Louise
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:58 pm

Postby Louise » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:04 pm

I think you have defined a stereotype beautifully there Steve. You have defined yourself by your opinion.

I'm not saying Jews are tight fisted, I'm saying that certain communities who happen to be Jewish are bought up and educated to be that way.

If that isnt a racist and anti semitic stereotype I dont know what is.

User avatar
Steve Dubya
Posts: 1124
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 1:38 pm
Location: Levenshulme as the Chelsea tractor driving yuppies lifted Chorlton house prices out of my reach.

Postby Steve Dubya » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:08 pm

Louise wrote:I think you have defined a stereotype beautifully there Steve. You have defined yourself by your opinion.

I'm not saying Jews are tight fisted, I'm saying that certain communities who happen to be Jewish are bought up and educated to be that way.

If that isnt a racist and anti semitic stereotype I dont know what is.

I'd better clarify something then. I'm saying that certain communities within the Jewish community are bought up and educated that way. I am in no way saying that all Jews ot the majority of Jews are tight fisted. People from Yorkshire are though.

And no I am not antisemetic.
Atheism ROCKS!

yoss
Posts: 2281
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:56 pm
Location: Chorlton

Postby yoss » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:20 pm

Ah come on Steve, admit it. You're amongst friends here.

User avatar
Louise
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:58 pm

Postby Louise » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:44 pm

Steve Dubya wrote:
Louise wrote:I think you have defined a stereotype beautifully there Steve. You have defined yourself by your opinion.

I'm not saying Jews are tight fisted, I'm saying that certain communities who happen to be Jewish are bought up and educated to be that way.

If that isnt a racist and anti semitic stereotype I dont know what is.

I'd better clarify something then. I'm saying that certain communities within the Jewish community are bought up and educated that way. I am in no way saying that all Jews ot the majority of Jews are tight fisted. People from Yorkshire are though.



And no I am not antisemetic.



You havnt convinced me

User avatar
marvin
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:25 pm
Location: Chortleton

Postby marvin » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:09 pm

i have to agree with steve


yorkshiremen are tight as nuns' chuffs

User avatar
manley
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:50 pm

Postby manley » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:13 pm

What about the scottish?

User avatar
Louise
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:58 pm

Postby Louise » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:39 pm

Too much time on her hands I suspect

User avatar
Steve Dubya
Posts: 1124
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 1:38 pm
Location: Levenshulme as the Chelsea tractor driving yuppies lifted Chorlton house prices out of my reach.

Postby Steve Dubya » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:21 pm

marvin wrote:i have to agree with steve


yorkshiremen are tight as nuns' chuffs


That's racist, I'm from Yorkshire!!!
Atheism ROCKS!

User avatar
Louise
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:58 pm

Postby Louise » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:30 pm

He was saying that certain communities within the Yorkshire community are bought up and educated that way. He was in no way saying that all Yorkshire people or that the majority of Yorkshire people are tight fisted

User avatar
Steve Dubya
Posts: 1124
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 1:38 pm
Location: Levenshulme as the Chelsea tractor driving yuppies lifted Chorlton house prices out of my reach.

Postby Steve Dubya » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:31 pm

Louise wrote:He was saying that certain communities within the Yorkshire community are bought up and educated that way. He was in no way saying that all Yorkshire people or that the majority of Yorkshire people are tight fisted


Oh, well that makes him a neo-nazi then.
Atheism ROCKS!

User avatar
ArcticFox
Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:31 pm
Location: Chorlton

Postby ArcticFox » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:18 pm

Louise wrote:He was saying that certain communities within the Yorkshire community are bought up and educated that way. He was in no way saying that all Yorkshire people or that the majority of Yorkshire people are tight fisted


I'm from Yorkshire and that's true (not me though) :)
I'd buy that for a dollar!

User avatar
marvin
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:25 pm
Location: Chortleton

Postby marvin » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:54 am

no, no - i'll hold my hands up

i am an unrepentant anti-yorkist

MikeMarcus
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: A Chorlton Business networking organisation?

Postby MikeMarcus » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:49 pm

I've just read through 3 pages of crap and a Godwin and found no answer. Does anyone know of any Chorlton based business networks?

User avatar
annie
Posts: 4816
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:08 am
Location: Chorlton

Re: A Chorlton Business networking organisation?

Postby annie » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:05 am

7-year old zombie thread warning klaxon! :)
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

StePee
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:55 pm

Re: A Chorlton Business networking organisation?

Postby StePee » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:26 pm

Try @ChorltonTraders on the Twitter.


Return to “Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 26 guests