chorlton.web - new appearance

This would be a good place to to make comments and suggestons about the new chorlton.web community board - content, organisation, appearance and more.
Barrington-Smythe

Postby Barrington-Smythe » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:29 pm

Personally, I loved the spider web logo and the simple navigation, it seems eerily quiet so far..................................

elliej

New Look

Postby elliej » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:04 pm

Is it possible to have Newest Post First as the default setting? It would be easier than scrolling and page turning to the latest comments.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:14 pm

Is it possible to have newest Post First as the default setting?

It's not an easy thing to do in phpBB, EllieJ.
Also, 'conventional' wisdom says that putting the newest post first just encourages members to post new messages without reading the rest...I guess you know that there's an option at the bottom of the page to display newest first...unfortunately the option doesn't 'stick'...
Sorry

elliej

Postby elliej » Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:07 pm

I can't send photos yet to photos@chorlton.co.uk Should I try again?
Also are there any places/views that people would like to see on the site?
I would be happy to photograph, for example, the most popular top five.
Thought of doing a virtual pub crawl starting at the Southern and working down to the Spread Eagle via Beech Road. Would that be too many photos? :roll:

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:36 pm

I can't send photos yet to photos@chorlton.co.uk Should I try again?

Hmm, must have something to do with the fact that I forgot to set the email account up.

Oops.

Anyway, it's set up now! Please send me photos and I'll give some thought to the best way to publish them.

Two requests - please use whichever program you use to convert the photos to .jpg (JPEG) format and ensure that the file size is as small as possible. Could you also please include photo info - it would be useful to know where the photo was taken (duh...) and the date!

Hopefully, I'll cobble together a way of automating photo publishing - watch this space (but don't hold your collective breaths).

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”