suggestions

This would be a good place to to make comments and suggestons about the new chorlton.web community board - content, organisation, appearance and more.
skywalker

suggestions

Postby skywalker » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:01 am

could it be made so that when someone links to an external website, when you click it it opens in a new tab rather than the same window?

and also, the fact that there are separate forums is good but i only really check the 'discussions' one and i am sure there are many other people who do the same, so maybe a 'view today's posts' button or something that lists all the unread posts from ALL the forums would be a good idea.
friendly local alarm engineer.
cctv, burglar alarms, intercom systems, and more!

Badgerr

Re: suggestions

Postby Badgerr » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:22 pm

Most browsers support "Open Link in New Tab" by pressing the middle mouse button (in many cases the mouse wheel). Or, if you don't have a mouse from later than the year 2000, Ctrl + Click also works.

skywalker

Postby skywalker » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:35 pm

or if you have a laptop ctrl+click works, or the right click menu.
but it would be easier not to have to do that and i'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to implement.

digger

Postby digger » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:59 pm

This forum runs phpBB - an open source forum application that is not under the direct control of the administrator. Your requests for development would be better directed at the phpBB developers.

You have an interesting take on the relative ease of doing things if you think persuading a loose-knit community of open source developers to do things the way you prefer is "easier" than you right-clicking a link and choosing "open in new tab."
Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

skywalker

Postby skywalker » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:44 pm

i am on quite a few forums, all of which run phpBB.

most of them have these features so i assumed it was just a tickbox option.

Badgerr

Postby Badgerr » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:26 pm

phpBB doesn't ship with everything, it does have a kind of plugin system that can add all these functions assuming you install the right additional bits.

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”