Chorlton Players present ‘Red Riding Hood’
Who’s afraid of the big bad wolf?
Certainly not the Chorlton Players who are currently hard at it in rehearsals for their upcoming pantomime, ‘Red Riding Hood.’ Our unique take on the classic folk tale, in which a young girl and her grandmother battle their dastardly enemy, will be performed between January 15th and 17th at St. Werburgh’s Hall, Chorlton-cum-Hardy.
With singing, dancing and cries of ‘He’s behind you,’ the show is shaping up to be a fun packed extravaganza that is sure to brighten up anybody’s dull winter’s evening. “The cast and crew have worked their socks off,” says director Jonathan King. “And I’m confident that we will deliver something to rival the big shows in town.”
Although traditionally a children’s story, the players are keen to point out that their version has been developed to entertain people of all ages. “We are primarily about having a good time,” says Jonathan, “and we tailor our pantomimes to ensure there is something in them for all the family. So as well as the traditional pantomime elements such as audience interaction and cross dressing, there is also a selection of jokes for adults as well as the re-enactment of a classic scene from the film ‘Dirty Dancing.’ So come along and prepare to have the time of your life.”
And there’s more good news, with tickets priced very reasonably at £6 for adults and £4 for concessions, this is one show that promises to deliver some much needed winter sunshine without breaking the bank.
Thurs 15th - Sat 17th January 2015 at 7.30pm &
Saturday 17th January at 2.00pm
St Werburgh’s Parish Hall,
St Werburgh’s Rd,
Advance tickets availabe online*
*Online tickets make up approx 60% of our overall capacity. Once this limit is reached, the remaining 40% will only be available for purchase on the door on a first come first served basis. In order to guarantee entry, we highly recommend purchasing your tickets in advance online via the link above.
the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests